Location: Wellspan, York, PA
Under the general supervision of the Senior Paralegal, assists Departmental attorneys and Senior Paralegal through the performance of complex administrative and clerical duties. Performs responsible, specialized and confidential legal assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development and management of work-flow processes for the legal department for the orderly distribution and tracking of projects related to physician contracting and other matters.
- Provides initial review of physician employment offers and drafts provider contracts, amendments, addenda, and incentive documentation. Drafts other contracts and legal documents, as requested.
- Manages centralized repository for information on project assignments and status.
- Identifies both legal and operational concerns and brings them to the attention of the Senior Paralegal.
- Communicates any requests for contract negotiations to Senior Paralegal.
- Ensures that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties in a clear and concise, timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records and documentation.
- Provides secure control of contract correspondence, client requests, and/or details relative to project, status reports and other communications for each project.
- Creates and edits documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including proofreading documents to identify and correct typographical and/or grammatical errors.
- Prepares and files documents with state and federal agencies including, but not limited to, fictitious names.
- Schedules and calendars all meetings and deadlines; follows up on deadlines; organizes documents.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with others within and outside of the organization.
- Prioritizes work, meets deadlines, and deals professionally with.
- Works effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and demonstrates sensitivity to others working the same environment.
- Possesses a general knowledge of corporate law department legal practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and a proactive work ethic
- Excellent clerical and communication skills (written and oral) and knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation; excellent proofreading skills
- Familiar and highly adept in the use of computers and software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Pro, and Outlook) and other office equipment
- High degree of personal integrity, discretion and confidentiality and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrate behavior that displays reliability, professionalism